Effective date January 1, 2023
We collect personal information from and about you.
Information collected directly from you. We collect the information you provide to us, for example, by making purchases of our products and services, such as registering for one of our product warranties or guarantees or purchasing a subscription to one of our digital platforms; registering for, and entering information on, our digital platforms; or posting in public forums. We may receive the following types of personal information directly from you:
- identifiers (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, phone number, account login credentials for our services);
- protected characteristics (e.g., gender, age, or other classifications under applicable law);
- family details (e.g., name of partner or household members);
- financial information (e.g., income, bank account information, bank or credit card information, and payment information);
- professional or employment-related information (e.g., job title, department, office address and business contact information, professional communications, and correspondence);
- communications (e.g., responses to polls or surveys, questions, comments, or requests you send us);
- audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information (e.g., graphics, photographs, recordings of calls or meetings, and ambient conditions such as humidity or temperature);
- commercial information (e.g., records of transactions, records of training, and program status);
- internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, search history, and interactions with our emails and digital platforms (including downloads) and third party websites and applications);
- geolocation and precise geolocation data; and
- inferences drawn from any of the information identified herein.
Information collected from third parties. We may obtain information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners (such as lead providers, roofing contractors, search engines, data brokers, and their representatives) may provide us with information about you. The types of personal information we may obtain from third parties may include, without limitation, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, the categories set out above.
We use personal information as described here.
We use information to provide you with services, including, without limitation, on our digital platforms or in connection with our products and services, and to respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and questions. We also use information to provide contractors and others with services.
We use information to troubleshoot and improve our products and services, including, without limitation, our digital platforms. We may use the information we collect to customize your experience with us. We use information for online and offline marketing purposes. For example, we might use the information we collect to send you information about products, services or special offers that we believe may interest you. This might include information about upcoming contests or promotions. We may use the information we collect to deliver advertisements based on your activities on our digital platforms and third party websites and applications. For example, if you view one of our products on our website, you may receive a postcard or an online ad for that product or a related product on our digital platforms or on third party websites and applications.
We use information to communicate with you about your accounts, your subscriptions, or our relationship. For example, we might tell you about changes to our digital platforms or to your accounts or subscriptions with us. Or we might reach out to you and ask you to take a customer satisfaction survey.
We may use the information we collect for analytical purposes, such as to better understand the interests and preferences of our customers, people who use our digital platforms, and people who buy our products and services. For example, we may use information to generate and analyze aggregate statistics about how users interact with our digital platforms.
We use information as permitted or required by law and as otherwise disclosed to you. For example, we may use the information we collect to protect the rights and property of
us, you, and others; to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations; to handle legal claims or disputes; or to otherwise operate our business.
We disclose personal information to third parties.
We may disclose information to third parties, such as marketing partners or contractors, who may use your information for their own purposes, not solely on our behalf. For example:
- We might disclose information to a company with whom we are running a joint promotion, or to online network advertisers and similar companies to facilitate the delivery of marketing communications on our digital platforms and third-party websites and applications. Those communications may include ads regarding our or others’ products based on your interests. We may use third party analytics providers that collect information about your use of our digital platforms to help us understand how people interact with our digital platforms.
- If you participate in our training programs, we may disclose your progress and course completion to your employer or other entities associated with you. We may publish your successful achievement of a training certification we offer.
- We might publish contact information and other business-relevant information about contractors.
We will disclose information in order to comply with the law or to protect the Company. For example, we or our service providers will disclose your information to legal authorities when it is permitted or necessary to do so, such as in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or we may disclose the information to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing, or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable U.S., Canadian, or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. We may also disclose your information in situations where we think that our rights or the rights of our users or others are at risk.
We may disclose information to any successor to all or part of our business. We may disclose your information as part of or as reasonably necessary to proceed with a prospective or completed transfer of business assets.
We may disclose information for other reasons we may describe to you. And we may disclose aggregate information or information that does not reasonably identify you with third parties for any reason.
Your privacy rights.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information. Such rights may include rights to access your personal information; update your personal information; have inaccurate information corrected; request that your personal information be deleted; limit the use or disclosure of your personal information; or request to receive your personal information in a usable electronic format that can be transmitted to a third party. We will fulfill your data requests in accordance with applicable law.
To exercise these rights, you may be required to provide additional information to verify your identity or otherwise as necessary to assist us in fulfilling your request. Californians can exercise rights under California law by following the instructions in the next section. All other individuals can exercise any legally available data rights here.